Tips on Hiring an Accountant
- Ask yourself why you need an accountant.
- If having your taxes done quickly is most important, you should go to H&R Block or another retail tax company. They are specially trained to get your taxes done quickly.
- If creating a tax plan for your future is most important, you should seek out the advice of a licensed tax professional, such as a Certified Public Accountant or an Enrolled Agent.
- If handling a complex tax situation is most important, you should find an accountant who specializes in your problem. Special circumstances include living outside the United States, day trading in the stock market, or owning a small busines
- Call around to a couple of tax offices to ask about their prices and how quickly they can schedule an appointment.
- Ask what their price range is.
- Ask about any guarantees the accountant offers.